Do you test? It’s okay if you don’t - historically the tools had not been stellar. But they have gotten much better, and I am going to show you my favorite, instrumentation testing with Espresso.
In this talk you will learn:
* The basic structure of an Espresso test (Matcher, ViewAction, ViewAssertion)
* Combining matchers such as withParent, isAssignableFrom to pinpoint your view
* onData and RecyclerViewActions to test ListView and RecyclerView
* Custom ViewAction and ViewAssertion
* Using Dagger and Mockito to write repeatable tests
By the end of the talk you will be itching to write some tests yourself!
Chiu-Ki is an Android developer with a passion in speaking and teaching. She has spoken at numerous conferences all over the world, and has been recognized as a Google Developer Expert for her extensive knowledge in Android. She runs her own mobile development company, producing delightful apps such as "Monkey Write" for learning Chinese writing, "Heart Collage" for snapping photos to stitch into a heart, and "Fit Cat" which gets more athletic the more you walk.