Do you want to learn how to make Android games? Should you use Animations API, SurfaceView or OpenGL? Come learn from the experts who have been making interactive educational games for the past few years. This talk focuses on game animation - how to create robust animations by customizing SurfaceView:
* Continuous rendering on separate thread
* Update state, render using state, repeat till done
* Handling user input with SurfaceView
* How to build animations such as rocket burst and page flip
* Supporting multiple screen sizes and aspect ratios
Throughout the talk we will discuss problems we encountered and lessons we learnt. By the end of the talk you should understand the basics of game-making with animation.
Ana Redmond is the founder of Infinut, building math, science and learning to read games for kids on the Android platform. Her educational apps have been downloaded more than 1 million times. Ana is a software developer and consultant coding professionally in Java for more than 15 years. She is adjunct faculty at University of Washington teaching Java, Server Development, and Android courses to professionals. She is co-organizer of GDG Seattle.